Ideas, Suggestions & Requests

Welcome to the Net-Results feedback forum! We’re anxious to hear your ideas and suggestions.

I suggest you...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. stop making me choose a future launch date when all i want to do is save my work

This makes no sense and it's a huge waste of time to require me to input a future launch date when all I'm doing is saving work on a campaign. It'd be better to only require this if I try to activate the campaign.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We get where you’re coming from with this request, but we can easily picture people coming forward with the opposite perspective if we stop validating the dates of email sends when they’re entered. Something like…

“Why didn’t you let me know my dates were invalid when I entered them? Now I have to go back and change them all”.

Are you building the campaign out today but with uncertain launch dates that you’d like to set later? We’re wondering if this is a common scenario.

Please let us know and allow us to think on this one a bit.

Thanks!

• stop putting this delayed popup on my screen every time I create a new campaign

This is annoying. Make one the default and allow me to toggle to the other. This pops up after I begin writing.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the hassle!

The system needs to know which campaign type you intend to create and it’s not something that can be toggled once the campaign has been created. That said…

We’ll take a look at how this can be modified to stop being a pain and popping up after you’ve already begun setting things up.

Thanks for pointing this out.

• 3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • 1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmmm… That would be more convenient, wouldn’t it?

To do this we’d have to rework the layout throughout Campaigns (this layout is also used in Forms, maybe elsewhere too) which takes it out of the “low hanging fruit” category – but it makes sense and we’re big fans of that.

Thanks for the suggestion. This will likely be addressed when we take our next pass at the campaign interface.

• 3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • 1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll soon be rolling out a complete overhaul of the way Subscriptions work in Net-Results. You’ll be able to designate any normal Net-Results List as a “Subscription List”. You’ll be able to add/remove Contacts to/from these subscription lists as you would any other list (including api methods, .csv import, campaigns, etc).

Given this pending change, can you clarify what you’d like from this suggestion? We’re not certain based on the description.

Thanks!

• Allow to send a conversation email to a contact from within NR (rather than CRM)

Many times, a marketing or sales person will need to work from inside NR to "process" contacts for a segment. The only thing we can't do is send a conversation email from the contact screen.

As a workaround, we make a new list and a simple perpetual campaign, but we wouldn't need to if we could simply send the conversation email.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Admin →
                • Allow for dropping in a stylesheet in your new drag and drop interface....

I love your new drag and drop email interface. While there is some control over styles, there isn't as much as many people would like to have. As a work around, I've had to use the code button to get access to individual blocks and to put inline styles, but with a large newsletter, that gets out of control fast.

I would like to see the ability to add a stylesheet whose styles get automatically added inline during the mailout. That would make it so much easier to customize. Thanks!

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Segments by user

Add the ability for segments to be created by user so that actions can be created for any activity created by that user.

Example: An outbound SDR has 5 campaigns running, although actions like notifications on opens or clicks can be created in the campaign it would be nice to have a blanket segment that says "anytime an email sent by user x is opened or clicked a notification is sent"

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We like the idea of emails, campaigns, etc. being “owned” by a user and being able to leverage that ownership in multiple ways.

We’ll let you know when it appears we’ll be able to add such functionality to our dev queue.

Thanks,

Michael

• Allow Subscriptions to be Dependant

We have found that a few of our contacts would like to receive emails on a scheduled basis, rather than a category basis.

Our ideal solution would be to create a "One Email per Month" subscription.

We would allow contacts to only select that "One Email per Month" subscription, and be removed from all the other Subscription categories. If they selected any other category, they would be removed from the "One Email per Month" subscription.
                      Right now, they can select 'One Email per Month' and other categories, negating the ability for us filter them via subscriptions.

This could be accomplished…

9 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

If some custom js would solve this then you may be in luck. Net-Results Landing Pages allow for custom js to be added.

Is your subscription preferences page a Net-Results Landing Page?

• See who has repeat visits on separate days

I would love to be able to segment a group of visitors (unknown) who have visited the site multiple times on separate days.

Example: Visitor comes in through adwords. Browses the site. Visits two days later. Comes back to the demo page the next week and submits the form.

Right now, I have no way to see if this is happening without some manual work.

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea…!

We plan on some (relatively substantial) changes to Segments that are designed to streamline the experience of working with Segments while enhancing capabilities.

These changes are about to transition from the drawing board to the keyboard. Providing an ETA is pretty tough in this case but saying Q1 2015 may be a safe bet. We’ll keep you posted.

Thanks!

• Create an integration for Adobe Connect

Hi, wondered if you had plans for an Adobe Connect integration? We use that tool so it would be really nice for us! Thanks!

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion!

This is the first time we’ve been asked to tie Adobe Connect. We’ll have a look at their API and assess the amount of effort required. We like the idea of this integration in principle, we need to examine the amount of investment involved and how it ranks with other priorities. We’ll let you know if/when this is headed toward the front of the line.

• Add the ability to simulate the campain

It's hard to debug a complex campaign and confirm that it will indeed work. Since its customer facing the default reaction is to avoid a multistep nurture campaign because you can't easily test it. We can go through the process but I may have multi day delays between triggers. I need the ability to step through the campaign to debug it before it goes live/customer facing.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

We agree that the Nurture Campaigns can be difficult to test. We’ve been mulling solutions to this and we’re headed toward a change in how these campaigns are assembled and executed. We’ll keep you posted as things progress.

Thanks for the feedback.

• How to easily reflect the contents of submitted forms (incl. custom fields) when transferring MQLs

Our sales are organized by regions, and the Hot Leads (the ones who submit a form - we have several forms in this category) are compiled in enhanced segment alerts, the segments defining the regional dispatch based on the value of the Country field. The issue with alerts is that they do not contain the contents of a submitted form, while this information is key for sales reps to further qualify the marketing-qualified-lead.

Looking forward to a possibility to do this!

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion Nicolas. We are planning to add Conversion reporting in the near future and will consider your need to distribute such reports by country/segment. More to come…

• Additional contact filtering feature

Two things would be immensely useful for filtering contacts.

1) Be able to do OR besides just AND

2) Be able to filter on things beside Contact attributes like list membership, campaign qualification, etc. I know that there are ways to do this in other parts of application, but it would be great if you could like the "Filter Contacts" link and have an interface similar to segments to filter the contacts.

8 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll be taking a look at this enhancement in the coming months. Too many “big” new features in the hopper to get on this right away. We’ll let you know.

Thanks

• Add more SEO tools

Would love to see the ability to capture and/or add site metadata and do a quick CPC estimate from within the Net-Results portal.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion Liz.

Historically Net-Results has focused on building tools that help you drive revenue from the leads you already generate (leads already in the funnel).

SEO, being a tool to bring leads into the top of your sales funnel, hasn’t been part of our focus.

Adding tools like you’ve suggested is definitely on our radar these days. We’ll keep you posted as these ideas move into our product roadmap.

• Enable field customization on Visitors report

Enable the user to select from all available fields when creating a report, and including fields that aren't currently available on the Visitors report - the most important for us being "title".

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re currently enhancing reporting in Net-Results. As a result you can expect to see a great many changes & additional reporting capabilities in the coming months. User selected fields in reports is on our list but we don’t have an ETA yet.

Thanks for this suggestion!

• Export/Import Conditions for use in Segments, Campaigns, Etc.

It would be great to be able to export a set of conditions as an XML blob. When I create a complicated condition set for a Segment, it would be nice to have this feature so that I could export the condition set and import them into other areas of Net-Results.

It would also be nice to be able to edit the XML directly in order to create related complicated condition sets quickly without having to go through the web GUI.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Points to you for even asking for such a thing. You’re speaking our language.

We’ve developed some REST API calls (currently for internal use only) that provide pretty much what you’ve requested here. Rather than XML the methods accept and return JSON objects.

We’ll have a discussion about exposing these calls to customers. It’s not likely to happen incredibly quickly due the complexity of documenting and supporting the use of these calls.

• Show the visits in reverse chronological order

Currently when you expand a visit in the Visitors tab, it shows :-

Visit 1
                                        Visit 2
                                        Visit 3

I think it should be :-

Visit 3
                                        Visit 2
                                        Visit 1

i.e. the most recent visit at the top.

6 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been back and forth with this over the years. Every time we change it we hear both “that’s great” and “what were you thinking?”.

We’re looking at making this a user-definable preference. It seems that has the potential to make everybody “happy”.
                                          :)

• Show partner rep name in partner portal

Show and sort by partner Rep or Owner in the partner portal

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

The “rep name” in the partner portal is currently tied to the Net-Results employee to which the lead may be assigned. We’ll have a look at what it would take to allow tracking of a rep that’s part of a partner’s organization.

Good suggestion, thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas, Suggestions & Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base